We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Making Homemade Currant Wine
- Fresh currant berry 4 kilograms
- Purified water 10.5 liters
- Sugar 3,480 kilograms
- Dry yeast 0.5 teaspoon
- Main Ingredients: Red Currant, Black Currant
- Portion30 Servings
Inventory:Meat grinder or blender, Large pan with lid, Kitchen stove, Sterilized glass bottle with lid, Rubber glove, Teaspoon, Wooden spoon, Tablespoon, Measuring cup, Wool blanket, Small bowl, Deep bowl, Sieve, Serving glasses, Carafe, Kitchen watering can
Making homemade currant wine:
Step 1: prepare the water.
In order to make wine, first of all, it is necessary to boil and cool the water. Therefore, we pour the purified liquid into a deep pan and put on a large fire. To make the water boil faster, cover the pan with a lid. Immediately after boiling, turn off the burner, and set the water aside to cool to room temperature.
Step 2: prepare the currant.
For the preparation of young wine, you can use both red and black currants. The taste of this will not change, but only the color can change. So, pour the berries into a deep bowl and begin to sort them out. Overripe and spoiled berries are thrown away. Rinse currants under running water is not necessary. Attention: from calculation 4 kilograms of currant turns 10 liters of wine.
After grinding the berries in a meat grinder or blender. In the first option, you can use inventory with an average lattice. But if you use a blender, then grind the berries at low speed and in small portions so that small pieces of currant are also in the mass. Shredded berries are transferred back to a deep bowl.
Step 3: make homemade currant wine.
Pour the cooled boiled water into a bowl with chopped currants and use a measuring cup to measure half the sugar and pour it into a common container. Then pour the yeast with a teaspoon and, using a wooden spoon, mix everything well. Now the entire mixture is carefully poured into a glass bottle, filling 2/3 of the total volume.
Since air and sunlight are deadly for wine, we always put a rubber glove on the neck of the bottle, making a small hole in one of our fingers in advance, and wrap it in a woolen blanket. We put the wine in a dark place and wait for the fermentation process to begin.
Upon expiration 5-7 days dilute half of the remaining sugar with boiling water in a free small bowl and pour the sugar mixture into a bottle of wine. After that, shake everything well, put on a glove and wait for some more time. Upon expiration 3-5 days, again in the same way we dilute all remaining sugar and pour into the drink. After we shake the wine again, put a rubber glove on the container again and leave the wine in a dark place, continue to ferment for about 1 month.
When the yeast and pulp sink to the bottom of the bottle, it is necessary to transfer the wine into another container. To do this, pour a drink through a sieve into a clean deep bowl with a thin stream. After that, we carefully wash the glass bottle under hot running water and through a kitchen watering can, pour the wine back. The first stage is fermentation, we have passed. Now begins the second stage in the preparation of this delicious and aromatic drink - lightening and ripening.
We close the bottle with wine tightly with a lid and set it in a dark, cool place to reach for another 3 months. Attention: it is not worth storing such a drink for a long time, since it is the most natural - without preservatives, and therefore quickly deteriorates. In any case, after cooking, it is better to store it in the refrigerator.
Step 4: serve homemade currant wine.
As soon as the home-made wine from the currant ripens, pour it into the decanter and serve it with the wine glasses to the festive table. The wine is very aromatic, tasty and moderately sweet. For such a wine an acceptable strength is no more than 10-14 degrees. But treat your friends and family with such a drink with fruit slices and pieces of cheese of different varieties.
Enjoy your enjoyment!
- In order for the wine not to oxidize, it is necessary to insist it, mix and pour from container to container only with the use of glass, plastic and wooden tools.
- In order to correctly calculate the number of degrees, it is necessary to adhere to the following proportions: 1 liter of berries requires 2.7 liters of boiled chilled water; 1 degree is 20 grams of sugar per 1 liter of the mixture. That is, if you want to make a 12-degree homemade wine, then you need to multiply 20 grams of sugar by 12 degrees and multiply by the sum of the mass of berries with liters of water specified in the recipe. In our version, this is 14.5 liters of total mass.
- You can also grind currants with the help of a masher's pusher. To do this, pour all the berries in a bowl and well shred them to the desired consistency.
- It is best to pour the wine after settling pulp and yeast through a clean thin tube for droppers.