Ingredients for making Old Russian vinaigrette
- Large beets 1 piece
- Medium size potato 2 pieces
- Large pickled cucumbers 2 pieces
- Pickled mushrooms mushrooms 2 pieces
- Green onion 2 feathers
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Table vinegar 3% 4 tablespoons
- Mustard powder 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Potato, Cucumber, Beetroot, Mushrooms
- Serving 3 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Cooker, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Large pot with a lid, Knife, Cutting board, Deep bowl, Salad bowl, Bowl, Plate, Fork
Preparation of Old Russian vinaigrette:
Step 1: prepare the vegetables.So, before you cook a vegetable salad like vinaigrette, you need to boil potatoes and beets. Therefore, it is good to start washing vegetables under running warm water and then spread the ingredients in a deep saucepan. Fill the container with ordinary cold water so that the liquid completely covers the components and put the pan on a large fire. After the water boils, make the fire less than average and cover the container tightly with a lid. Cook potatoes in their skins for 35-45 minutes and then we take it out of the container with the help of a fork and transfer it to a clean plate. But the beets are cooked longer, so we continue to cook it for another 45-50 minutes. Attention: cooking time for vegetables may vary depending on the variety and ripeness of root crops. It is best to check the degree of preparedness of potatoes and beets with a fork from time to time so that vegetables are not digested and do not lose their taste. As soon as the beets are ready, turn off the burner, and put the container with this component under a stream of cold water, so that afterwards it would be easy to remove the skin from the vegetable. And then we shift the beetroot into a plate with potatoes. Using a knife, remove the peel from the potatoes and beets and after that we transfer the peeled components back to the plate.
Step 2: prepare the beets.We spread the peeled beets on a cutting board and, using a knife, grind the ingredient into small cubes. To do this, it is best to first cut the root crop into two halves, and then cut each part lengthwise into several parts, and then crosswise. We transfer the crushed component into a deep bowl and water it 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Step 3: prepare the potatoes.Now put the potatoes on a cutting board and using the same sharp tools, cut the ingredient into small cubes, the size of the same as beetroot. Shredded potatoes are transferred to a bowl with beets.
Step 4: prepare pickled cucumbers.We spread pickled cucumbers on a cutting board and cut the tails with the knife from the ingredient. After that, we grind each cucumber into squares the same as beets and potatoes. We transfer the finely chopped component into a container with other ground ingredients. Attention: in order to make the vinaigrette more juicy and with spicy sourness, it is best to use pickled barrel cucumbers.
Step 5: Prepare the Mushrooms.We spread the pickled mushrooms on a cutting board and, using a knife, grind the ingredient into small pieces. After that, we transfer the marmalade into a bowl with other vegetables.
Step 6: prepare the green onions.Rinse the green onions under running water. After, slightly brushing the ingredient over the sink, put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, chop the onion and then transfer it to a common bowl.
Step 7: preparing a gas station.Pour ingredients such as vinegar and remaining olive oil into the bowl. We also add salt to taste, sugar and mustard powder to the container. Using a tablespoon or fork, mix all the ingredients until a homogeneous mass is formed, and also until sugar and salt crystals float at the bottom of the bowls.
Step 8: prepare an old Russian vinaigrette.So, we mix all the ground ingredients for the preparation of Old Russian vinaigrette until smooth. Using a tablespoon, we shift the vegetable salad into a salad bowl and after - we water everything with dressing. Attention: stirring the dish is not necessary, as this will need to be done just before serving.
Step 9: serve the old Russian vinaigrette.After the Old Russian vinaigrette is ready, it will be necessary to immediately serve it, because such a salad is very tasty just after cooking. And having lain in the refrigerator, he loses his expressive taste and becomes already different in taste. As soon as we present our simple, but very tasty and healthy masterpiece to the table, immediately mix the vinaigrette with a tablespoon so that all the components are saturated with aromatic dressing. That's all, put portions of salad on plates and treat friends and relatives. Good appetite!
- - Parsley leaves or finely chopped green onions are perfect for decorating Old Russian vinaigrette.
- - If desired, the vinaigrette can also be seasoned with ordinary vegetable oil. The main thing is that it should be odorless, as this can ruin the aroma of the dish itself.
- - Try to add young beets to the salad, as it always goes sweeter and more aromatic, and it also has more juice, which is better to color the salad in a pinkish-burgundy color.
- - Try to add potatoes for the preparation of vinaigrette of such varieties that are well boiled, but at the same time keep their shape. It is such a potato that can be minced, but it will not fall apart on a cutting board.
- - In the process of cooking vegetables, it is necessary to monitor the amount of water. If the liquid has boiled away, then it is necessary to add some more water, and preferably hot, so that the vegetables continue to cook.