Ingredients for Cooking Fasting Buckwheat Pancakes
- Buckwheat flour 600 grams
- Wheat flour 200 grams
- Sugar 1-2 teaspoons
- Vegetable oil 6-8 tablespoons
- 1/5 teaspoon salt
- Dry yeast 10-14 grams
- Purified water 800-900 milliliters
- Main ingredients Buckwheat, Yeast dough
- Serving 9 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Kitchen paper towel, Coffee grinder, Strainer, Bowl - 2 pieces, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Cloth towel, Cast-iron frying pan with a diameter of 14-16 centimeters, Kitchen stove, Pastry brush, Ladle, Wooden spatula, Lid, Flat wide dish
Cooking lean buckwheat pancakes:
Step 1: prepare buckwheat.You can buy buckwheat flour in the supermarket. If you could not get this ingredient in the store, do not be discouraged. Buckwheat flour can be prepared independently. To do this, lay the buckwheat on a paper towel and evenly distribute it over the entire surface. Manually sort the buckwheat and set aside foreign objects that may be in the groats. Then we pour our ingredient into a coffee grinder and grind the groats into buckwheat flour at medium speed.
Step 2: prepare the wheat flour.Since buckwheat is completely non-sticky, it is therefore necessary to add wheat flour to the dough. It is the gluten that is in this ingredient that will contribute to the binding of the buckwheat component and therefore the pancakes will not tear and fall apart. Wheat flour of the highest grade, fine grinding is sifted through a sieve into a free bowl to remove lumps and to enrich the flour ingredient with oxygen from the air.
Step 3: prepare the dough for buckwheat pancakes.Pour into a free large bowl 300 milliliters warm water preheated to a temperature 35 ° -37 ° C and transfer dry yeast into this container. Using a tablespoon, stir the ingredient well until it is completely dissolved in the liquid. Then pour the liquid yeast into a container with sifted wheat flour, previously adding to the wheat ingredient 3 tablespoons of buckwheat flour. Knead the dough very well using the same tableware so that no lumps form in the dough. It's important to knowthat the dough should be kneaded by pouring water into the flour mass, and not vice versa. Since, if you pour flour into a liquid, then lumps will surely appear in the flour ingredient and it will be difficult to “break” them. Cover the bowl with a cloth towel and set for 40-60 minutes in a warm place to ferment. When the dough comes up and increases in volume 2-3 times, open the towel, and add the remaining warm water, sugar, salt to this container and gradually add buckwheat flour in small portions, at the same time do not forget to mix all the ingredients together with a tablespoon. At the end of the batch, add vegetable oil to the dough. Mix well again. Then cover the container again with a cloth towel and put in a warm place for 1-1.5 hours. As a result, the dough consistency is quite thick. After it comes up again, remove the towel from the bowl and start frying pancakes.
Step 4: prepare lean buckwheat pancakes.It is better to fry lean buckwheat pancakes in a small cast-iron pan with a diameter 14-16 centimeters. We put a clean dry frying pan on a large fire. When the container warms up very well, fasten the fire to medium and using a pastry brush, lubricate the pan with a small amount of vegetable oil so that the first pancake is well removed from the hot surface of the container. Since we added vegetable oil to the dough, so we bake subsequent pancakes without first lubricating the pan with the oil ingredient. Using a small ladle, we collect the dough from the bowl, pour it onto the surface of the pan and distribute the dough evenly over the entire surface of the container in a circular motion. Attention: you need to be very careful when picking the dough from the bowl with the ladle, while the dough does not need to be mixed, as it may fall, and the friability and airiness of the pancakes depends on it. Fry the pancake first on one side for 1-2 minutes. When the dish is browned on the lower side, and the upper side is covered with holes and they begin to burst, turn it with a wooden spatula to the other side and also fry it on this side until golden brown. If the bottom of the pancake is fried before the top of the dish dries, the fire will need to be reduced. Attention: when frying buckwheat pancakes, you need to consider that they are very brittle. Therefore, you need to turn the dish from one side to the other in a pan very carefully and carefully. Then, using the same dining equipment, we transfer the pancakes from the pan to a flat wide dish. We lay the finished pancakes in a stack on top of each other and cover with a lid so that they do not cool.
Step 5: serve lean buckwheat pancakes.Our dish is served hot. Lean buckwheat pancakes are usually served with salted additives, as pancakes are saturated with buckwheat aroma. For example, with olives, horseradish, pickles, fried onions, or with salted or salted fish. Of course, at your request, you can serve buckwheat pancakes with jam, jam or honey. Despite the fact that buckwheat pancakes are quite brittle, they can also be served with fillings. Typically, such pancakes are stuffed with fish or beans with mushrooms and fried or green onions. Less commonly, apples, raisins, or other sweet fillings. This is for everybody. In any case, it is worth experimenting. All the same, pancakes are very tasty and fragrant. Good appetite!
- - Lenten buckwheat pancakes are better to bake in small thick-walled pans. Before cooking pancakes, the container should be calcined with fat or coarse salt. Then let the pan cool slightly and then wipe it well. Then the dough will not stick to the bottom of the pan, and pancakes will easily move away from the bottom of the bowl.
- - Buckwheat pancakes are prepared without the addition of vanilla sugar or cinnamon, as this can ruin the taste of the dish.
- - If you don’t have a warm enough room where the dough is standing, then put a bowl of dough in warm water, because if the dough badly “spoils”, the pancakes can turn out to be heavy and unclean. If you have overexposed the dough on time, then in order to prevent it from peroxidizing and pancakes to turn out acidic, put the container with the dough in the refrigerator.
- - Lenten buckwheat pancakes can be cooked with or without yeast. If you have fresh pressed yeast, then they must first be dissolved in warm water.
- - If you could not get buckwheat flour in a supermarket or if you don’t have a coffee grinder or blender with which you can make buckwheat flour, do not worry. In this case, cook the buckwheat porridge, cool it slightly, and then with the help of a crush, mash the porridge to a uniform soft mass. Then put the buckwheat mass in a dough and mix the dough well until a homogeneous consistency.