We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Cooking Plump Pudding (Scottish Cuisine)
- Dried fruits (dried apricots, brown seedless raisins, white seedless raisins, mango, dates, seedless prunes) 500 grams
- Wheat flour 240 grams
- Sugar 3 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Baking powder 2 teaspoons
- Wheat Sprouts 50 grams
- 2 eggs
- Flower honey 100-120 grams
- Milk 120 milliliters
- Rum essence or almond essence or vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg 1 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon spice 1 teaspoon
- Ground ginger spice 1 teaspoon
- Cognac 200-300 milliliters
- Main ingredients: Dried fruits, Raisins, Figs, Dried apricots, Uryuk, Date, Prunes, Flour, Cognac
- Serving 6 servings
- World cuisine Scottish cuisine
Inventory:Blender, Litered glass jar sterilized, Lid sterilized for jar, Deep bowl, Gauze, Rope or baking tourniquet, Wooden spoon, Deep large pan, Cooker, Kitchen scissors, Knife, Cutting board, Medium pan, Fine grater, Serving platter, Medium bowl, Kitchen paper towels, Saucer, Stewpan, Refrigerator, Electric kettle or metal kettle, Cup
Cooking plump pudding (Scottish cuisine):
Step 1: prepare dried fruits.To prepare such a Scottish pudding, you can take not only the dried fruits indicated in the recipe, but also any others at your discretion. You can also add candied fruits to the dish, as well as fresh zest of orange, lime and lemon. The main thing is that plump pudding is to your taste. So, if you purchased dry fruits by weight in the market, and not packaged in the supermarket, then it is better to rinse the ingredients under running warm water to clean them of excess dust and dirt. To do this, pour all the dried fruits into a medium bowl and fill with ordinary warm running water. With clean hands, wash the components directly in the container, and after that we drain the water from the bowl, holding the dried fruits with your palm so that they do not fall into the sink. We repeat this procedure several times. Then - we spread the ingredients on kitchen paper towels and temporarily set aside so that excess liquid comes from the glass. To speed up the process, you can also cover dried fruit with another towel and press down with your hand so that the napkin absorbs water. And now, put the components of the dish in the blender bowl and 3-5 speeds slightly chop dried fruits literally 10-15 seconds. Attention: it is not necessary to grind very dry fruits very much, since in the plumping should be found normal in size pieces of the filling. Using a tablespoon, transfer the crushed component to a sterilized glass jar and fill the whole mixture with cognac so that the alcoholic beverage completely covers the dried fruits. We mix everything well with the same improvised equipment and put in a secluded cool place or in the refrigerator on the lower shelves to infuse for 1 week. We close the jar with a lid so that dried fruits do not absorb the smells of products that are stored in the refrigerator. After the allotted time, dried fruits are well saturated with alcohol and will become soft.
Step 2: prepare the nutmeg.
Step 3: prepare the honey.We spread honey in a saucepan with a tablespoon and put the container on a small fire. With constant stirring of the ingredient, melt the honey to a liquid state. After that, turn off the burner, and set the honey product aside so that it cools to room temperature.
Step 4: prepare plump pudding (Scottish cuisine).
Step 5: serving plump pudding (Scottish cuisine).Across 20-25 minutes holding the plump-pudding at the base with a wooden spatula, transfer the pie to a flat serving dish. But we are not in a hurry to serve it to the table, but set aside to cool to room temperature. And only after that we put plump pudding to the festive table and treat ourselves to a piece of this juicy, tasty and very fragrant cake for all guests and loved ones. Good appetite!
- - In addition to dried fruits, you can also add candied fruits, almonds or any other dried fruits to your taste to the filling. According to the old Scottish custom, you can also add coins or some decorations to the filling - for good luck. Only it is worth warning guests about this, so that such an object does not hit the tooth.
- - Instead of a pot of hot water, you can use a double boiler. In this case, we also wrap the plump-pudding in a gauze bag and tie it, but just do not risk getting burned.
- - Dried fruits can also be ground in a meat grinder with a large grill.