Ingredients for Cold Pickled Cucumbers
- Fresh cucumbers 1.7 kg
- Cherry leaves 12-15 pcs.
- Horseradish leaves (you can also add its root) - 2-3 pcs. (4-5 pieces) to taste
- Garlic 3-4 cloves
- Dill (need stems and umbrellas) - to your liking to taste
- Salt 50 grams or 2 tbsp. spoons (without slide) per liter of water
- Sugar 1 tbsp. a spoon
- Main Ingredients
- Portioning 7-10
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Deep bowl, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Kitchen stove, Three liter jar
Cold pickled cucumbers:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.First you need to sterilize the banks. I do it in the oven, preheated up to 100-120 degrees. Banks should be clean and washed before doing so. I keep them there for about 15 minutes. Then I clean the garlic, horseradish root, cut it into small pieces, wash the leaves of cherry and horseradish under cold water. Cucumbers are also thoroughly mine, I try to choose the same size so that they lie better in the bank. Pour boiling water and soak in cold water for 2-3 hours. I cut off the ends with a knife - this is necessary so that they are better saturated, and excess air comes out.
Step 2: We are engaged in laying cucumbers in jars.We lay the cucumbers tightly so that there is no space between them. I leave the jars to the neck about 5 centimeters. Because, absorbing the brine, the cucumbers will then be without a part of the marinade. Between the cucumbers and on the bottom, lay the leaves of horseradish and cherry, cloves of garlic and horseradish root. Be sure to dill at the bottom and an umbrella on top of cucumbers.
Step 3: Pour the marinade.We prepare the marinade from cold well water or spring. If this is not at hand, then in the store you can buy bottled. Well, or, in extreme cases, boil and cool the water to fill. Add table salt and a tablespoon of sugar. All this is mixed and poured into a jar. Top you can add a leaf of horseradish and 2 tablespoons vodka. We close tightly with plastic covers. From this, cucumbers will acquire a peculiar taste and will be stored longer. You can salt, of course, even without vodka, but then the cucumbers will ferment, and they will have the taste of barrel. Choose you as you like.
Step 4: Serve the cold pickled cucumbers.I advise serving cucumbers in any porridge and potatoes, it is especially pleasant to use with fried meat. Suitable in any salad and for the preparation of pickle. Good appetite!
- - If you will make a recipe without the use of vodka, then my advice to you is that you need to drain the brine in a couple of days, strain through gauze or a sieve, boil in a saucepan and cool it back into jars. You can even roll up, such cucumbers are no longer afraid. And one moment when you drain the pickle, note that cucumbers can decrease in volume. I do not advise adding or shifting from other cans, because after pouring back the brine, they will take their former volume.
- - You can also use the so-called "home distilled water." Freeze in a freezer, then let it thaw. It will turn out very good quality water.