We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for making Bolognese sauce
- Garlic 2 cloves.
- Vegetable oil (best of all olive) 1 tablespoon.
- Butter 25 grams.
- Onion 1 piece.
- Carrot 1 piece.
- Celery (root) 1 piece.
- Bacon 85 grams.
- Fresh minced meat (pork and beef) 250 grams.
- Milk (or low-fat cream) 300 ml.
- Dry wine (white or red) 300 ml.
- Tomato paste 2 tablespoons.
- Tomato (in its own juice without peel) can 1 liter.
- Black pepper (ground) to taste.
- Pasta (flat, like noodles) 350 grams.
- Hard cheese (grated) 100 grams.
- Main ingredients: Beef, Bacon, Tomato
- Portion 6-8
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Inventory:Large deep pan, Cutting board, wooden or plastic, Garlic, Knife, Bowl or bowl deep, Wooden spoon, Cooker, Small plate, Serving dish
Preparation of Bolognese sauce:
Step 1: Stew the vegetables.Using a garlic mill, squeeze the garlic into a small bowl. If there is no garlic, you can chop the garlic finely. We take a large deep pan, pour vegetable oil (sunflower or olive) there, add a little butter and put on a big fire. Stir with a wooden spoon minutes 1-2 this mixture until the butter has completely melted. At the same time, on a cutting board, the regime is very finely chopped onions, carrots and celery. As the bacon we take the smoked boneless pork belly bacon salted with pepper and spices. Its mode is as small as possible on the board and together with vegetables we add to the oil in the pan. Fry vegetables with brisket over high heat minutes 8-10 constantly stirring them with a wooden spatula. As a result, vegetables should become very soft, but not brown! We cut vegetables so finely so that during the stewing with the brisket they could completely dissolve.
Step 2: add the stuffing.
Step 3: add milk.The next step we will have is adding milk to the minced meat and vegetables. So, pour the milk into the pan, mix, then slightly increase the heat and wait until the minced meat is boiling minutes 3 in the pan. Then stew the minced meat with milk 10-15 minutes over low heat until all the milk has been absorbed into the minced meat. Now pour the wine into the pan and repeat the whole process of stewing the minced meat with vegetables, like with milk.
Step 4: add the tomatoes.
Step 5: Cook the sauce.After 10 minutes put the pan on the smallest burner and turn on a small fire. We cover the pan with a lid, and so that the sauce does not boil away at us, we leave a small hole between the lid and the pan for steam to escape. In this form, you need to cook the sauce for 2 hours. In this case, you need to constantly stir the sauce, raising the lid, almost every 20 minutes. As a result, the sauce should be very shiny and thick. At this stage, you should not save time, because the more the sauce is stewed, the better and tastier it will be. In Italy, cooks generally stew this sauce for almost 4 hours, but after 2 hours you can get an excellent sauce. The main feature of this sauce is that the longer it is stored in the refrigerator, the tastier it turns out.
Step 6: serve the Bolognese sauce.Upon completion of the sauce, turn off the fire, close the lid on the pan well and tightly, and let the sauce cool, or “rest”, so to speak. In the meantime, you can cook pasta. When the sauce has completely cooled, most of it should be poured onto pasta and with two spoons mix. So that pasta with sauce is not so thick, you can add to them a few tablespoons of water from pasta. Then immediately put the pasta and sauce on a serving dish and serve. Before serving, you can decorate the dish with fresh herbs, as well as grate the cheese and serve it with the dish, but on a separate plate. Enjoy your meal!
- - We recommend serving spaghetti with Bolognese sauce along with grated Italian Parmesan cheese.
- - Bolognese sauce can be prepared in advance. After cooking, it should be poured into a bowl, allowed to cool, and then covered with cling film to put in the refrigerator. In this form, it can be perfectly stored for up to 3 days. Or pour it into a food container, which can be used for freezing and thus freeze the sauce for 3 months.
- - Never add wine and milk at the same time! First of all, the meat should be fried in milk, soaked in minced meat, and only after that - you should add wine and repeat the same process of stewing with it, as with milk. In the process of such prolonged stewing, milk and wine begin to stand out from the meat, which eventually forms a thick cream-colored sauce that is full of great flavor.