Ingredients for making crispy potatoes
- Potatoes 3-4 pieces.
- Olive oil 3-4 tablespoons.
- Water 1-1.5 liters.
- Garlic 3-4 cloves.
- Dried rosemary 1 teaspoon.
- Dried thyme 0, 5 teaspoons.
- Salt, pepper to taste.
- Main Ingredients Potato
- Serving 2 servings
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Spoon, Bowl with lid, Saucepan, Baking tray, Skimmer, Colander, Spatula, Grater, Serving plates, Cooker with oven
Cooking crispy potatoes:
Step 1: prepare the olive oil.Peel the garlic and grate on a fine grater. Pour olive oil into a bowl, add salt, pepper, seasonings and garlic. Mix with a spoon and cover with a lid. Leave to infuse at room temperature for at least for 2 hours. You can prepare the oil in advance, for example, in the morning, and make potatoes in the evening.
Step 2: prepare the potatoes.Peel the potatoes with a knife, rinse under running water. We cut with a knife on a cutting board into plates 0.2-0.3 cm wide.
Step 3: Blanch the potatoes.Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Pour potato wedges into boiling water and leave strictly for 2-3 minutes. Then we take out the potatoes with a slotted spoon and put them in a colander. Keep the colander over the sink until all the water drains.
Step 4: Cooking Crispy Potatoes.Preheat the oven up to 200 degrees. We spread the warm plates on the baking sheet in one layer, and pour the spoon with the prepared oil so that the oil gets onto each potato. Gently mix the potatoes with a spatula. Put the baking sheet in the preheated oven for about for 20 minutesuntil golden crust appears.
Step 5: Serve the Crispy Potatoes.We lay the finished potatoes on portioned plates and serve with any meat or fish dish to the table. Enjoy your meal!
- - To make home-made chips, chop the potatoes as thin as possible and pan out for one minute. For the rest, follow the recipe.
- - You can add seasonings to your taste, for example basil, caraway seeds, fennel, parsley, dill.
- - If you cook from a young potato with a thin peel, then you can not peel it off. Just wash the potatoes thoroughly under running water and cut into slices immediately.