Ingredients for making rabbit in wine
- Rabbit 1-1.5 kg
- Onions 2-3 pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Tomatoes 2 pieces
- Dry white wine 0.5 cup
- Black olives optional
- Ground black pepper to your liking
- Thyme to your liking
- Small bay leaf 1 piece
- Table salt to your liking
- Main Ingredients Rabbit, White Wine
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
Cutting board, Sharp knife, Deep bowl, Stewpan or casserole with a thick bottom, Kitchen towel, Measuring cup, Fork, Stove, Serving plates
Cooking a rabbit in wine:
Step 1: Prepare the rabbit.Cut the carcass of the rabbit into portions (front and back legs, divide the back into several parts). Rinse the pieces of meat well under a stream of cold water and dry a kitchen towel. Put the stewpan on medium heat, add sunflower oil, put pieces of meat and fry them on all sides until golden brown.
Step 2: Stew the meat.
Step 3: Add the rest of the ingredients.Rinse the tomatoes well under water and cut into small cubes, add to the rabbit stewpan. Add a little salt, season with thyme and black pepper, add bay leaf, and about a handful of olives. Mix everything well. Now pour half a glass of wine into the stewpan, add a little fire and cook the meat another 5-10 minutes. At the same time, do not cover the stewpan so that the alcohol disappears from the dish. Then cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Step 4: Serve the rabbit in wine.Arrange the finished dish on serving plates and serve to the table hot. As a side dish, you can use boiled rice, potatoes or fresh vegetables, sliced or in the form of a salad. Good appetite!
- - In order to make the rabbit especially tender, you can soak it before cooking. To do this, soak the carcass of a rabbit in a bowl with a liter of clean water and a teaspoon of table vinegar. This procedure will take you several hours, but the result is worth it.
- - If desired, a rabbit can be prepared without the use of alcohol. Add to the stewpan instead of wine and tomato, 200 ml of sour cream, diluted with a glass of clean warm water. You will get a rabbit in sour cream sauce.
- - If necessary, while stewing a rabbit, add warm boiled water so that the meat does not burn.
- - If you do not like olive trees, then you can completely do without them. The taste of the dish from this will not lose.