Ingredients for the preparation of the Orenburg Prayer
For the test:
- Premium wheat flour 6 cups
- Chicken eggs 8 pcs.
- Butter (or baking margarine) 4 tablespoons
- Milk (3.5%) 10 tablespoons
- Soda 3/4 teaspoon
- Butter (or margarine) 200 gr.
- Sugar 1 cup
- Egg yolk 1 pc.
- Honey (any grade without bitterness) 300 gr.
- Nuts (walnuts) 300 gr.
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 6 servings
Inventory:Baking dish, Casserole, Frying pan, Blender, Kitchen knife, Rolling pin, Whisk, Bowl, Serving plate
Cooking Orenburg Prayer:
Step 1: Cook the dough.Melt baking butter or margarine at room temperature. Heat the milk a little, but do not boil. In a bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk, add milk and soft butter, mix a little with a spoon, add wheat flour and soda, extinguished with vinegar, and knead a cool dough (almost like noodles). Share it into 8 pieces and form the balls. Leave under the towel for about half an hour.
Step 2: Prepare the filling.In a dry pan fry nuts a little, constantly stirring, nuts (as soon as it smells of a fried aroma, remove from heat). Cool and grind with a blender. In a bowl, mix the nuts with sugar.
Step 3: Prepare the Orenburg Praise.Set the oven to heat. 250 degrees. We roll out the first ball larger than your shape, so that when laying the dough lies on the sides. We grease the form with a piece of butter, lightly sprinkle with flour and spread the cake, closing the sides, grease with butter and sprinkle with a nut filling. Roll out the following cake (size - diameter of the form) and put it in the form on top of the filling, grease with a piece of butter and sprinkle with the filling. In a similar way we spread the remaining cakes. After you have rolled out and laid the last cake, it is necessary to pinch the protruding edges. We take a knife with a thin tip and cut diamonds through all the cakes (except the last). In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs with water with a whisk and grease our praise. A piece of butter is melted with a microwave and water the cuts between the rhombuses with it. We send in the oven for 15-20 minutes. At this time, again using the microwave, melt the honey, remove the praise from the oven after 15 minutes, fill it with honey and send it back at least for half an hour (maximum 40 minutes). Now you need to act very quickly. As soon as the praise becomes rosy, we take out the form from the oven; we take a wide dish, cover it with a shape and sharply turn it over, then we take a second dish, cover the bottom of the praise and turn over. So you got the praise out of shape. But that’s not all, with a quick movement we cut the pie into rhombuses (along the cuts). Why do you need to act quickly? But because honey can harden very quickly in cuts and then it will be very difficult for us to cut diamonds.
Step 4: Serve the Orenburg Praise.As soon as the honey hardens, the praise is ready. Brew aromatic tea and call the household to the table. Enjoy your meal!
- - The fact is that during baking the top layer of dough can rise very much, it's not scary. After you get the praise out of the oven, cover it with a plate and put something heavy, leave for a couple of minutes.
- - In order for the top layer to not exactly rise, I recommend sticking a walnut slice in each rhombus before baking.
- - I advise you to cook more nut fillings, so it may always not be enough.
- - If you have baking paper, it is better to cover it with a mold, and do not grease with butter: it’s sure that nothing will burn and it will be easier to pull out the praise.