Ingredients for Cooking Pumpkin Fritters
- Pumpkin 300 g
- Premium wheat flour 5 table. spoons
- Chicken eggs 2 pcs.
- Milk (any fat content) 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 2 table. spoons
- Vanillin on the tip of a knife
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Main ingredients: Pumpkin, Eggs, Flour
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Glass, Plate, Frying pan, Grater, Culinary spatula, Plates, Bowl, Saucepan, Tablespoon, Skimmer, Paper napkins
Cooking pumpkin fritters:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.Rinse pumpkin properly with running water. Then cut it in half, remove the core with seeds and cut the peel. To prepare the pancakes, the pumpkin will need to be chopped using a coarse grater or blender. I chose the good old grater. Chicken eggs, which we will use, and not only, must be washed with soap and water and rinsed properly. This will remove the bacteria that have accumulated on the shell.
Step 2: Prepare the dough for pumpkin fritters.We start preparing the dough by preheating the milk in a saucepan on the stove. Make sure that it does not run away from you. Boiling milk is not necessary, it is enough that it is slightly warmer than room temperature. Pour the milk into a deep bowl and add flour to it, stirring constantly to break the resulting lumps. Then break a couple of eggs in a bowl, add salt, sugar and a little vanillin. Mix the dough thoroughly, and then add the chopped pumpkin. Mix again and get the dough ready to make fritters.
Step 3: Fry pumpkin pancakes.We need a pan with vegetable oil, which we preheat over medium heat. And then we begin to spread our future pancakes - scoop out a dough from a bowl with a tablespoon and immediately send it to the pan. Fry pancakes to a rosy color, on both sides and constantly turning. It will take you to fry 5-7 minutes.
Step 4: Serve the prepared pumpkin pancakes.Beautiful and ready-made pancakes need to be served hot, immediately after frying. We spread the "suns" on plates and serve with sour cream, jam, honey or sweet sauce. Benefit, beauty and delicate vanilla flavor - everything is on your plate! Enjoy your meal!
- - To get rid of excess fat, get fritters with a slotted spoon and pat dry with paper towels.
- - You can add cinnamon or nutmeg to the dough for fritters instead of vanillin. Use other spices suitable for sweet foods.
- - Milk can be replaced with yogurt or kefir.
- - You can give the finished dish a spectacular look if you fry the pancakes in special forms for frying, silicone or metal. The latter, in my opinion, are more profitable, since with their help the edges of the pancakes are also fried.
- - Try to cook pumpkin pancakes with corn flour, rather than the usual wheat flour.
- - If you are on a diet and do not eat foods that contain vegetable oil, make pumpkin pancakes using a slow cooker.